Sunday, March 22, 2009

Let it be SPRING!!


Can we just start by saying I love spring?? This past week has been so much for us. After a long winter of being stuck inside, spring feels like a gift. And boy did we love our gift of spring weather. I've always said that my favorite climate for the year would be 60-70 degrees 10 months out of the year. I love winter, and snow, and skiing, and sledding... for about 1 month. But I also love summer, swimming, boating, skiing, 4th of July, and hot hot sun... for 1 month (I would be content with our normal summer really). Does this exist anywhere?? Snow from Dec 15th until Jan 15th, 60-70's until July 1-August 1, and the 60-70's again until Dec!
Okay so I know I can't have everything, so for now - We will play as soon as we get up in the morning until the sun goes down at night! Everyday this past week we went to the park. While at the park we had picnics, played on the slides, crossed the monkey bars, ran around crazy with friends, played football, played basketball, and I enjoyed sitting with friends and visiting about everything!
On Friday (After the park, and after playing outside on the tramp) Porters friend Parker invited him over to swim in their pool. Yep, swimming already! He had so much fun.



Friday night we went to hit some balls at the driving range with Brett, Sarah, Hunter, and Sammie.


Then we met up with Chads family for a hot dog roast and more fun outside!



Saturday my dad came and got the boys and took them to Chuck E Cheeses. I am so lucky to have such great parents, who LOVE being Grandma and Grandpa! They had a blast. While they were gone, Chad and I went for a run with Roc. It feels awesome running outside again... In fact, it reminds me why I have liked running the past few years. Saturday night we went to the park and flew kites with Tiff and Jolley and the twins! Cory, Maria, and Audrey joined us at the park for the last bit of day light.






And now, it is cold and rainy... Looks like this cold will be sticking around for the next little while. I'm so glad we have been able to take full advantage of such a wonderful spring week!

1 comment:

The Hansen's said...

I LOVED this post! Too bad it is snowing now!! It was so great to see you guys on Saturday. I'm sad I missed the cookout with everyone else though! So in those kite pictures Porter totally looks like a child model! ha ha