Thursday, October 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Porter

Porter is EIGHT!!





I seriously can't believe it. He has gotten to be such a big kid, and so fast! He's such a good helper, I can't imagine life with out him - I miss him while he is at school, and count down the days (better say hours these days) until I can watch him play soccer, football, basketball, or baseball. He is so involved in everything that he wears me out, but he loves it all so much it is hard to pick just a few!
Porter just started cub scouts and is loving that... we just have a hard time finding anytime to go to scouts, or even work on any achievements.
He loves school. I've heard through the grape vine, that he says his teacher is the "hot" 2nd grade teacher :). She seems to be the perfect teacher for him. She pushes academics, but is so positive and encouraging too! He has lots of friends at school, and plays hard every recess, but as far as I can tell minds his manners while in the class room. He got all three's on his report card, and is learning so much every single day.
When not playing an organized sport, him and his neighborhood buddies have a pick up game of some kind going on. It always starts with 3 or 4, but before the day is over there are 8 or so kids in my back yard.
Occasionally when it gets dark, or if it's too cold to be outside , he will be playing on the computer. He usually plays really good with Trace, and even lets Roc have turns on the games too. I feel really lucky to have boys who can play well together, even though its not all the time. :)

No comments: