Sunday, July 22, 2012

National Champions! 7/18-7/22

Porters basketball team is a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP Winner! We got invited to a big tournament in Las Vegas. We packed up Wednesday night and drove to St. George. The tournament started at one on Thursday, but Chad was out of town, and I decided it was much nicer to stay at Janet and Steve's the first night since Chad couldn't be with us. Thursday morning we packed back up and headed straight to the game! Chad flew into Vegas Thursday night - and I was SOOO glad he was able to make it. Vegas is crazy, and even crazier for a 7.5 month pregnant mom with three kids! Porters team went undefeated through all the tournament and won 1st place! There were tons of great teams, and we had to fight back in one game really hard. Porter got lots of playing time in the first three games, and even got a little playing time in the championship game. He is back in the swing of loving basketball! Vegas isn't my favorite place to take my family... In fact, I don't see us going back anytime soon - or ever. But we are glad we went and Porter had the opportunity to play in such a big tournament. My camera got stolen at the pool :(, so I am missing a couple of fun pictures from the weekend, but here are the ones I took from my phone.


No comments: