Friday, November 28, 2008

We are so Thankful...

For family night this week we talked about all the things that we are thankful for. Porter could have gone on all night. It was amazing to me that he could realize all the many things we are blessed with. His list included: Family, Friends, School, grandma's and grandpa's, his dogs, Heavenly Father and Jesus, our garden, hunting with dad, and the tramp.
Trace was fun too. When we ask him what he was thankful for he said, "Jesus". We ask him was else and he said, "Buuuubles"! Porter asked him if he was thankful for his brothers, and he said he was. He finished by saying we as thankful for treats. (We all could have guessed that one.)

This year I have felt more reasons to think of all my many blessings. We are so blessed. My list of things I'm thankful for could go on and on too, but here are the things that are most important to me:
1. My savior. I am so thankful for the gift of the atonement in my life. I know that He loves me. This gives me the strength to push forward, and be the best me I can be. I'm thankful for the comfort it brings knowing who I am, why I'm here, and how I can return to live with my Heavenly Father again someday.
2. Chad. My better half in so many ways. I'm so grateful for his love, patience, hard work, and testimony in our home.
3. Porter, Trace, and Roc... I don't have enough time or ability to think of all that these kids mean to me! They make me smile when all I want to do is cry. They make each day worth all the struggles we go through. They are the best part of each day, and I love them with every ounce of my soul.
4. Our families.
5. Our friends, and neighbors.
6. Chads work.
7. The house we have to live in and the food we have to eat.

No comments: