Monday, December 15, 2008

Zoolights

Happy Birthday Grandma Hansen! For Janet's birthday, Steve took the whole family to zoolights and then out to dinner. We knew it was going to be a super cold night, but we decided it would be a fun adventure anyway. I packed everything I could possibly think of to keep the boys warm... (I must say I was pretty proud of myself for being so prepared!) Porter and Trace both wore all their snow clothes. I even took Roc with us. I dressed him as warm as I could, and then wore my baby sling under all my winter clothes. He stayed toasty warm, and so did I! All the animals were on their best behavior. I think I saw more action tonight then ever before. I guess those wild animals like the cold nights. The monkeys are always my favorite, but tonight they were extra fun. Their was a cute little baby that was jumping and playing with all the older monkeys. Porter was a little nervous of the bear because he was walking closer and closer to us... he said, "this is not good"!

Neither of the boys complained of being cold all night. I think the only one of us that got cold at all was Chad... I wasn't in charge of his gear.

Now that I've told you how prepared I was... the truth is that with all the gear I remember, I did forget something really important. My Camera. These are a few pictures that Amy got with her camera before her battery died!



What a great night!!! I hope this can become a new tradition. Thanks so much Steve for a fun night out... We loved it.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Yahoo for a fun night!

Anna said...

What cute kids. Very brave of you.