Monday, August 15, 2011

First day of school

I can't believe summer is over. We knew that six weeks would seem short, so we JAMMED as much fun into this summer as possible! The kids started school today. I've got mixed feelings. I'm excited and ready to slow our lives down, and to get back on a schedule... but I'm not sure I'm ready to send them back to school everyday for the next 9 weeks! Thank goodness we are on year round and I only have to wait 9 weeks. We could have one sad Mom on our hands other wise.
Porters new teacher is Mrs. Fitz. She is new to the school, but seems darling. I'm excited to see where 2nd grade takes him with his learning. He loves school, and was really excited to get back into it!
Trace started KINDERGARTEN... What?? I can't believe I'm sending him to school. Kind of Lame if you ask me :). He has Mrs. Adams, and from what I've heard... She is amazing. He had orientation today, and testing on Wednesday. His first real day is next Monday. Trace is so full of life! I know that he is going to be a joy in his class room - He is eager to learn and meet new friends. I couldn't be any more proud of him than I am. WAY TO GO TRACE!
Roc is wondering why he doesn't get to go to school, but I am excited to get more alone time with him. He was sad walking away from the school after dropping Porter off - He thinks he should be going to 2nd grade too!





1 comment:

Unknown said...

So stinkin' cute! Your boys are ADORABLE! Sad we missed you before we left Utah, but hope to see you in December.