Thursday, August 21, 2008

Trace...

My two year old is pretty hard to understand still... in fact, neither Chad or I can tell what he is saying unless we are looking at what he wants, but he is trying lots of new words. It's so fun hearing him try to put more than one of these "non-understandable" words together. On Sunday we were at my parents for dinner with my two brothers. Trace loves playing with both of them... He was trying to get Dusty's attention and I heard him say: "usty, mmm, on" (meaning: "Dusty, Come on."). Pretty clear for his usual ramblings. I smiled. Yet again a proud mom.
Today I got out some licorice treats for the boys and Trace started begging: "Trea-eat, Trea-eat". (all of his words have two syllables). I ask him if he wanted one or two, and he kept saying: "uh-unch". After about 22 times of him repeating the same thing over and over (which he does all the time, and gets very frustrated that we don't know what he is talking about) I realized that he was asking for a bunch! Laughed for at least 5 minutes.
Just before bed Porter and Trace were jumping from the couch onto the ottoman. Porter kept moving the ottoman farther and farther back. One time Trace jumped and landed just in front of the ottoman... pretty hard. He looked up at Chad and very surprised said, "O, mi-issed, aw-wh." I'm laughing about this one as I'm typing it. Kids are too much fun!

2 comments:

Maria said...

Man, I love that kid!

Sarah Garner said...

I just want to ea-ut that kid u-up!