Sunday, June 21, 2009

Wasatch Back Relay

Well we did it. Chad and I decided to give the Wasatch back a try this year with a bunch of our friends from the neighborhood. After 2 full days of running, driving, laughing, pucking, eating, crying, screaming, joking, playing, and not very much sleeping (less than 2 hours to be exact)... I can say: I LOVED IT. I hope that we can do it again next year. It was hard, and totally exhausting, but I am so grateful for all the fun memories. Chad got really sick the first day. We joke that he made 2 rookie mistakes. First lesson learned: Don't take an Imodium before the race. Second: Don't drink a super carbonated energy drink as a recovery drink!! After a lot of pucking, and feeling so crappy, and still having to run his legs, I hope I can talk him into another race!!






GO TEAM FUSION!


2 comments:

Maria said...

I'm so amazed by this race! Way to go! Wish I could have been there to see you cross the finish line--three times!! :)

James and Jenni McBride said...

James did it again too this year and I have to say...You all are crazy! Just wish it was me! Great job Des & Chad!