Monday, August 3, 2009

Lake Tahoe

Oh, how I love this place!! We have gone almost every year since I was little, and every time I am there I remember all of the fun things we have been able to do as a family. Since Chad and I have been married we have gone a few more times! Each one is full of fun. This year we DROVE :(. Let's just start by saying that 9 hours in the car is too long. Thank goodness for Kelsey's DS and the DVD player. We didn't leave until after school on Wednesday, so it was after 1:00 AM when we got there. I wasn't sure it was worth the drive, but as soon as a stepped out of the car, and smelled that fresh mountain air, I knew it was going to be well worth it! We spent our few days doing all my favorites.

Brady and Marjean came to stay for the weekend too. Brady taught us how to play Frisbee golf. We all enjoyed the course the first day, but the next time just the guys went.









We always do a little hiking.
This year we did my favorite. Cascade falls. It is an easy hike to a beautiful waterfall. This year we were later in the summer than usual, so the falls had much less water. It was fun this way, because we played and clambered all through it! The boys all did great. Chad carried Roc the entire time, and toward the end had to add Trace to his shoulders. Porter did great the whole time, but we added him to Chads back just for fun. What a cute bunch a boys. The lake is called Cascade Lake... It's privately owned!! How would that be??


Porter (aka: Lion)









Roc just "HANG'N" out!





Playing in the Lake and on the beach.







We enjoy beautiful sunsets!!


Snorkeling and looking for crawdads.
This year Chad built a great trap with a garbage can, and we caught lots of the little things.
Playing games.
We played a lot of Nerts this trip. Always seems to be a different one, but always lots of games!
And of course the kids played a lot of DS.

A little 31??

One of the best parts of going to Lake Tahoe is the chance to relax. I love to fit in as much as possible into everyday, but I sure love my relaxing! We spend lots of time reading, naping, watching movies, and just visiting.

My kids have so much fun playing with Grandma and Grandpa. Chad and I love being on vacations with them to. We get lots of help. My dad would wake up early with Roc and take him for breakfast down by the lake. We are spoiled, and so are the boys! After a great weekend, my mom and dad flew home with Broc, and the rest of us loaded back up for a yucky drive.






What a great trip! We missed you Dust and Kelsey, and Danny and Tash.

3 comments:

Maria said...

WOW! What a trip! It looks like a ton o fun. :) Glad you're back, though! We need to hang out!

senordustin said...

Man. I just got a little sick realizing what I missed! Looks like such a great trip, especially with all my nephews. We have to figure out when we can do it again.

Darren and Kimberly Scott said...

Oh my girlfriend...you guys are travelling fools! The life of a Hansen, just how would that be? ;)