Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Red Rocks

Also known as Kanab... My extended family is from Kanab, and every other year we head down for the Glover family reunion. This year was a little different because Chad got to spend most of the weekend scouting the area for his BIG HUNT! (it starts next weekend... Keep sending positive vibes his way.) We got to see some of the prettiest mountains, and lots of animals. As we were driving there we took a short detour (three hours), through his area. Porter spotted the first group of antelope. He was so excited, his voice gets really loud when he is excited... He yelled "Look, dad, look. Those are the first Antelope I have ever seen!" We saw many more antelope. The first day we saw 4 big bucks too. The biggest bucks I've ever seen in person. They are still in the velvet, and were so fun to watch. They were right by the side of the road, and didn't seem to be too worried about us being there watching them.
At the reunion we started to re acquainted with all of the cousins. It's a fun family reunion, and everyone is so nice. Chad loves it, because all of the guys love to hunt, and know the area like the back of their hands. They spent lots of time helping him know where to be next weekend. One of them even took him out spot lighting Saturday night. It's so fun to see him so excited. He was like a little kid in the candy store. Giddy as a school boy!
On our way home we took another short detour (another 3 hours... I wasn't too happy about it, I should be learning my lesson, but I'm not.) The good news is we saw more fun animals. More big bucks, and a badger. Another first for Porter, and for me on on this one. In all Chad saw 27 bucks, 24 of which were 4 points or bigger, and 25 of them were right off the side of the road. What a great Mule deer Mountain!
Going to the reunion always makes me miss my sweet Grandma Bead. She was such a perfect Grandma. I know us being, and LOVING being in Kanab makes her smile. The kids think "Red Rocks" is one of the coolest places in the world. It's good for them to see the Grave sight, and for us to get to tell them how great she was, and how much she would love them!

Grandma's Family... We might not be the biggest of the families, but we sure are a lot of fun!!



Kurt and MarJean are so cute with all of the boys... I think they are ready to be Grandma and Grandpa!





Uncle Kurt singing in the talent show! I love to hear him sing and play the guitar.

My Grandma's Brothers singing in the talent show.

No comments: