Saturday, September 12, 2009

State Fair

Admission to State Fair: $8

Ride on Yellow Slide: $3
Snow Cone: $5
Ride on the Tornado: $4
Chance to see "The World's Smallest Horse": $1
Having a BALL at the fair: PRICELESS!!


Okay, so I know that picture is pretty classless... but I have got to say, that going to the fair in general is pretty classless. Every year we go, and every year I am blown away by the people we are surrounded by. Maybe this is why I love going. Maybe it gives me a chance to be the white trash I truly am?? Either way, We go, and we have fun every time!

This year we parked in our trusted parking place, the same one Porter always remember. Tiff and Sarah and I decided to make the journey without the Dads, and Journey it was. The first conversation went like this:

Me: Porter and Trace stay close by, there are a lot of crazy people here.

Me under my breath to Tiff and Sarah: A lot of White Trash.

Porter: Yep, look there is some right there. (As he was pointing to a white kleenex).

2 lessons I learned from this... 1 - He hear's everything I say, even if I wasn't intending him to hear it, and 2 - To him people are all good people, no matter what they wear, or how the look!

The kids did great. We stayed way later than I had planned, but they loved everything, and couldn't get enough. We went and saw the animals later in the night, and Roc was in heaven. He even learned to BAAAA like the sheep. Porter helped Trace carry a big sack up to the top of the yellow slide, and they both flew down in by themselves! The rode rides, saw cool sharks, ate snow cones, and helped at the farm.








No comments: