Monday, June 9, 2008

Trace is Truning 2!!





My baby is turning two on Wednesday!! He seems to be turning into a big boy right in front of my eyes. A month ago he was still a baby to me, but now he really seems to be a little boy! He has started sleeping in his big boy bed (which is in Porters room), talking (I counted his words one morning, and he knows at least 30 words), he even told me he wanted to use the big boy potty the other day!! What a fun age this is... He is learning and changing everyday. I can't wait to see him in the morning, just to see what he might do and say!



We had a Circus party for him with our families this weekend.
Porter and I have been planning it for over a month now. We spent lots of time running around looking for things that would be fun to have at our Circus! For dinner we had hot dogs, nachos, cotton candy, Carmel apples, peanuts, and popcorn... Sounds healthy right? The kids put on a circus for us... Chad was the ring master, and opened the show with "Ladies and Gentleman, Boys and Girls, welcome to our circus"... The kids all had animal hats on, and jumped through hoops! We played with water balloons, and jumped over hurdles... We all had a blast. The best part for me was watching Trace. He is usually quite content playing in his own little world, but for the party he was the king of the show. He was jumping around all night with a huge smile on his face. I'm pretty sure he knew it was all for him!



After the Circus we had cake and home made ice cream... YUM. I attempted to make a cake with fondant, and must say I failed. They say it is hard and they are right! I probably spent 10 hours on the silly thing, and it still didn't look very good. Porter and Trace thought it was cool, so I guess that is all the matters.


















To top off the busy weekend, my little brother got married on Saturday. It was a beautiful day for a wedding, and all went really good! Here are a few pictures of the boys. They looked so handsome.




6 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought the party and all your decorations were fabulous! Including the cake!

Leesa said...

Happy birthday Trace. What a fun party and I totally love the cake. Oh yeah, Danny got married!! Tell him congrats from us. It slipped my mind and didn't get anything mailed off. They look like a cute couple.

Anna said...

Your boys are adorable. Looks like so much fun. I love the cake. So cute.

Sarah Garner said...

I seriously want to squeeze your boys, they are so stinkin' cute!

That cake, by the way, looks perfect in the picture! I'm impressed that you would take on fondant!

What a fun idea for a party!

Maria said...

We LOVED the circus!! Did you notice that I stole that pic of Trace from your blog and put it on mine? :) Gotta love the internet!

Brandt & Kriste said...

I am so impressed! The circus looked like a lot of fun. So did those apples. Yum Yum. Our babes are growing up. I can't believe they are already two. Happy Birthday Trace!