Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Garden







Porter and I have loved planting our garden the past few years, and this year was no exception... only this year Trace had to be in on the action. It is always fun to watch little plants turn into big plants, and still more fun to see big plants with vegetables on them! Our garden is doing great this year, and we even picked our first zucchinis. The yellow squash is almost ready too! We have a few tomatoes growing, and our pumpkin plants are looking great! Our peppers haven't starting growing yet, but the plants look healthy... is that normal for this late in the year??

The first two fruits of our labors...

After a hard day of weeding the garden we turned the sprinkler on for Porter and his friend Camden...


And one of the best parts for me is enjoying fresh flowers. I have to admit that this is the first year I have cut any flowers out of the flower beds... In years past I haven't had enough to loose any, but my flowers are doing pretty good too. (at least I think they are until I go to my Mom's or my Mom-in-laws house). Flowers just seem to make me happy!

3 comments:

Anna said...

I love your garden, made me go check mine and pick some flowers. I always forget I can pick them and bring them in. Thanks!!

Maria said...

I'm totally jealous of your green thumb! My poor garden looks so pathetic next to yours!! I also love your pretty flowers--nicely arranged, too!

Sarah Garner said...

I am very impressed! I haven't had the guts to set myself up for failure yet, I definitely don't have a green thumb. Do think anyone would know if I planted silk flower and plastic veggies? I think I could handle those!