Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July



Another perfect 4th of July! I love this holiday. How blessed we are to live in America. This morning when we woke up I tried to explain to Porter why we were celebrating the 4th of July, and it almost brought tears to my eyes as I told him how proud I was to be an American. Chad and I explained that freedom doesn't come free, and that many people had fought and still are fighting for our freedom and safety! Thanks to our soldiers.

We spent another night at the cabin, and again had a blast. This time was a little bit different than last weekend, because Greg (a cousin) brought his ceramic wheel up! We all had a blast on a memory train back to high school ceramic days. Even Janet, who has never done ceramics, gave it a try. We played in the river (Porter had fun floating the slow parts with his cousins, chad shot his bow, and Trace loved fishing with his dad (so much in fact that I couldn't steel him away for a nap. He fell fast asleep right on Chads shoulders!!)






The Hansen's all get together every 4th for a big breakfast at the cabin. The tradition is biscuits and gravy, eggs, and fruit. YUM!
Porter loves playing with the big cousins! This is them playing "Sorry".
Just a fun picture of Trace in the tent.

Tonight we went to Kaysville's firework show. We all love fireworks, and had a blast.
On our way to the fire works Porter asked if we remembered a hat for him. We asked him what he needed a hat for, and he said "to keep the ashes out of my eyes, remember last year they kept flying in my eyes!" What a good memory.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!

Sarah Garner said...

Okay, seriously, that picture of Trace sleeping on Chads shoulders is the cutest thing I've ever seen!

I'm glad you guys had a fun 4th!