Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Grandpa's Cabin

This past weekend we spent another fun filled weekend up to the Hansen family cabin. Grandpa and Grandma Lee (and family) built the cabin when their kids were little, and have kept it in GREAT condition. We always have a blast when we get to spend any time up there, but this time was especially fun, because for the first time we went with just Chads family! Everyone was able to be together Friday night through Sunday! We did all of our favorite things... starting with camping in a tent with the boys.


The weather is perfect for sleeping for me, but the boys got a little cold in the middle of the night. When I woke up, both Porter and Trace were smashed into Chads sleeping bag. What a Dad! The next night we were a little smarter and zipped two sleeping bags together for the three of them... again I slept great!


One of our favorite parts of the cabin is the river! It is FREEZING cold, but is so fun to play in on a hot summer day. This trip was no exception.




Last year Porter didn't want to jump from the bridge, so this was his first year! On our way up he told me he wasn't going to do it, but when he saw his cousin Audrey jump right in, he had to be brave! Way to go Sport...



Thanks Grandpa for leaving such a fun place to be with family!
We love the Cabin...

Oh yeah, one more funny thing from Porter:

(on the way up the canyon)

"Mom, why do my ears keep tooting?"

4 comments:

Leesa said...

You look really good Des, are you sure you are pregnant. That looks like so much fun, I wish our weather was cooler so we could go camping somewhere close. Way to be brave Porter.

Anna said...

That bridge jumping stuff totally freaks me out!!! I'm a wuss though. :)
Looks like you guys had so much fun. Happy birthday yesterday!!!
I put that maternity stuff on my site just for you. You should try those pants!!!

Brandt & Kriste said...

Oh that cabin is great. What fun family memories!

The Stones said...

Hi there, of course your blog is darling-I'd expect nothing less! We ought to plan a Cherry Hill date...if your boys like playing with girls that is...! I'll see ya soon! XO